Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Production Process

As Spring Break rolled along, I had a few interruptions in my schedule as my parents had many surprise trips planned. This, however, did not delay my progress ad many shots I've anticipated could have been done without the actor.
I wanted to add extra footage with the showing of glass breaking due to a high frequency of sound and such however it was harder than I thought it would be after researching on how it could be done. The purpose of this scene would add an emphasis on the uncontrollable of the main character, as it would be shown that the wine glass was cracked or shattered when the character was agitated by the interruptions of the noises he hears as he awakens from his sleep. 

Unfortunately, the wine glass footage I wanted to create was usually created by using CGI in which would be difficult for me to produce as I do not own an editing program that can do such nor have the skills to edit it perfectly how I wanted to come out.
Instead, I found a solution to this issue when I stumbled upon this Youtube video during my researching.
It has shown that the glass can be broken with a high pitch frequency. This way, it creates a look where the glass is trembling in which then eventually breaks and shatters.
However, the downside to this was that I had later found out it was nearly impossible to do smoothly without either a generator, used in the Youtube video or something closely within the premises of the glass, therefore, would, either way, ruin the shot I wanted to create. So, in the end, I am still debating on whether I should try to achieve this as I do not have much time left currently as it is coming to the end of Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment